Guess what? Your girl is making her YouTube debut!
As you probably know from last week’s blog post and my gratuitous vacation pics on Instagram, I went to Hawaii a couple weeks ago. I’ve put together a short video of the sustainable and ethical looks I wore on vacation, plus a packing guide.
Whether you have a getaway to somewhere warm planned, or are just fantasizing about summer already (I definitely am), I hope this gives you some inspiration!
What I wore in Hawaii
If you want to see what I wore during my trip to Oahu in January, watch the lookbook (and subscribe to my channel for future conscious fashion video content :))! Outfit details and links below.
Lookbook outfit details & links:
Top: Girlfriend Collective Monroe sports bra in red ochre
Leggings: Girlfriend Collective high-rise 3/4 leggings in red ochre (review)
Sneakers: Nike Air Max Thea*
Bikini top: allSisters Scorpii top in white (BEWARE this is super sheer when wet…and tbh not that opaque to begin with)
Bikini bottom: allSisters Carinae bottom in white
Earrings: Nisolo soft diamond hoop earrings (sold out)
What to pack for Hawaii in the winter:
I’m guilty of always overpacking…and then forgetting something that I actually needed! I’ve put together a packing list to help you out for your next tropical getaway.
I visited Oahu in January, towards the end of peak season. Hawaiian winters are a lot like Seattle summers: mild, sunny, beautiful, with the occasional bit of rain. Expect a mixture of sunny and overcast days with temperatures ranging in the mid to high 70s, sometimes reaching 80 degrees, and low humidity. Windy days are also common, and the winds in Hawaii are no joke!
- Light spring/summer clothing (sundresses, shorts, linen, cotton, etc.)
- Light jacket for nighttime
- Swimsuit (DUH)
- Flip flops or sandals for the beach and walking around
- Athletic shoes for hiking
- Athletic clothes (sports bra, leggings and/or shorts) for hiking
- Headlamp if you’re going to go on a sunrise hike (I highly recommend the Lanikai Pillbox trail!)
- Bug spray if you’re going hiking, especially around dawn or dusk…I got some nasty mosquito bites on the trail 🙁
What were you favorite looks? Let me know!
**unknown if sustainable/ethical